Hogan Assessments provide reliable results for predicting job fit, organizational fit, and identifying developmental needs in the workplace.
Hogan Assessment Systems has over 30 years of experience providing state-of-the-art personality assessment and consulting solutions to some of the world's largest companies. No personality assessment has ever done more for us and our clients!
Using Hogan Assessments makes hiring decisions more accurate and development more focused and effective.
Hogan Assessments make all decisions throughout the employee lifecycle easier and fairer as they reduce bias .
Hogan Assessments are scientifically validated and evidence-based. They provide reliable data about personality in the workplace.
Hogan Assessments promote diversity in the workplace. They do not discriminate based on age, gender, or background.
Hogan Assessments help define the right human resources strategy.
Hogan Assessment Systems is a world-class provider of personality diagnostics.
How do Hogan Assessments
make a difference?
Finding a personality assessment provider that meets your unique business challenges is a demanding task. Hogan Assessment Systems is the only provider in the world that uses three perspectives of personality to differentially describe people in the workplace across 28 major dimensions with 140 subscales.
While other personality questionnaires can only measure you according to how you see yourself, Hogan Assessments inventories measure how others see you, and are available in over 40 languages.
Hogan Personality Inventory (HPI)
Describes day-to-day success factors as seen by an observer.
Hogan Development Survey (HDS)
Provides information about behavior under pressure, stress, or uncertainty from an outside perspective.
Motives, Values & Preferences Inventory (MVPI)
Describes the candidate's perspective on values, preferred environments, and decision-making.
Practical applications for Hogan Assessments
Hogan Assessments are designed to predict workplace performance and organizational behavior while making this information as practical as possible. Hogan Assessments cover the full spectrum of the employee life cycle:
Companies that have already put their trust in Hogan Assessments:
Selecting the best people for the right jobs.
Feedback & Development
Gain insights and focused plans for development and leadership effectiveness.
Planning for High Potentials & Success
Identify and manage high-potential employees to determine who will fit in which roles in the organization.
Understand the strengths and weaknesses as well as the values of the team and how personalities can be combined.
Interpret assessment data for strategic self-awareness building and goal setting.
What makes Hogan Assessments stand out?
Hogan Assessments are evidence-based, validated and scientifically proven. They are closely aligned with the quality criteria for diagnostic instruments and procedures defined in DIN 33430 and refer to scientific models that have enjoyed a high degree of consensus among experts for many decades:
- The Hogan Assessments inventory, which describes a person's strengths and potential (HPI), is based on the five-factor model of personality, the foundations of which were laid in the 1930s.
- The HDS inventory, which describes behavior in stress, pressure, and trigger situations, is organized along the three defensive response patterns. Karen Horney first described flight, fight, and freeze responses in the early 1940s. These response patterns were confirmed by neuroscience much later.
- The inventory of MVPI, which describes values and intentions, is based on a thorough review of literature (see McClellan, 1961, among others).
For more information on the scientific basis of the assessments, please refer to the Hogan Assessment Systems technical manual. We are happy to provide these upon request.
For an overview of the many reporting options offered by Hogan Assessments, please take a look at the sample reports. We will gladly make them available if you are interested. Feel free to contact us anytime!
Hogan Assessments also offers a 360° feedback tool. Such 360° procedures provide a particularly comprehensive personality assessment by integrating assessments from different perspectives. The questionnaires can be completed by superiors, colleagues and employees. This provides a holistic understanding of a person's strengths and weaknesses as they are perceived in the work environment.
The Hogan 360 is designed primarily for managers to help them develop their leadership skills. However, organizational members without formal leadership roles can also benefit from working through the Hogan 360. We can translate the results of the Hogan 360 into your organization's specific competencies.
Hogan 360 Leadership Model
The Hogan 360 Leadership Model consists of four dimensions:
The Self-Management dimension captures the ability to organize and regulate oneself to successfully accomplish personal goals and tasks.
Relationship Management measures the ability to get better results by building relationships.
The capability to deliver services and operational excellence in a timely and efficient manner reflects the Working in the Business dimension.
In contrast, Working on the Business refers to the ability to add value to the business through innovation, strategic planning, and internal development.
Advantages of Hogan 360
- Objective feedback results: Hogan 360 provides a comprehensive and objective assessment of an individual's leadership competencies by incorporating feedback from supervisors, peers, and co-workers.
- Insight to strenghts and challenges: Hogan 360 identifies strengths and challenges in the areas of leadership, personality, and behaviors that are important to success in leadership roles.
- Development opportunities: Hogan 360 provides a valuable opportunity for leaders to identify their development needs and work on their skills.
- Improved team dynamics: Hogan 360 can help teams develop a better understanding of their colleagues' strengths and challenges, which can contribute to improved team dynamics and increased productivity.
- Assist with leadership selection: Hogan 360 can be helpful in selecting leaders and determining their ability to lead successfully. It provides a comprehensive assessment of the competencies and personality traits that are important for leadership success.
Learn more about our 360° processes here.